Tips: to make your winter days brighter
As the weather cools and the days grow shorter, it's time to think about hot toddies and snuggles by the fire with our four-legged friends (human or otherwise).
Here are a few ideas to keep you warm while also getting your autumn and winter wardrobe in order.
Check out Winter Jewellery Trends in Pakistan as well.
Do you feel unprepared for the colder months? Do you dislike frost? WE ARE. We adore the autumn leaves and the cosy winter months. It does, however, help to be prepared. Begin with a blank slate. Wash your winter blankets and prepare your warmer wardrobe.
You’ll also need a few of these things:
- Chocolate milk. It's hot chocolate time - SWEEEEEEET. Warm up your insides first, and the rest will fall into place. Or something like that. Available in stores and many good cafes. We like Coffee Planet Hot Chocolate because it comes in various strengths, allowing you to work your way up to becoming a hardcore aficionado over the winter.
- Socks! With winter winds and heating sucking moisture from your skin, many of us focus on our hands, feet, and faces but neglect our feet friends.
Now is the time to correct this imbalance by purchasing some warm socks. They not only keep your little piggies warm, but you can also use them to moisturise your feet.
- A good book. Is it stormy outside? Many of us have a stack of books that we have yet to read. Why not set yourself a reading challenge for rainy days? If you're on a tight budget, most libraries have an excellent selection. And if your library is a little dated, why not read some classics?
A quick tip: The YA section (that's 'Young Adult' for those of you who are older) has some fantastic fantasy and dystopia. Alternatively, travel back in time with a historical figure from the biography section. If you're into that sort of thing.
- Are you all set for bed? Bringing out your warmer linens and redressing the bed can be a nice way to welcome the new season. A layered bed with bright colours and luxurious op shop finds like crocheted blankies (also great for the lounge room) and vintage bedspreads are our favourites.
You'll never want to leave, especially with a few hot water bottles to save money on energy. Don't forget to give everything a good wash in your favourite fabric softener. Most dry cleaners also offer discounts on quilts. Quilt, please.
- Basic First Aid. Have you received your flu shot? Getting the flu or a virus is one of the most unpleasant aspects of the cooler months. And most of us, not to mention our partners and children, are resigned to being sick for at least a few days. So take care of yourself. Keep a supply of throat lozenges, lip balm, eucalyptus spray, Vaporub and tissues and soup for those days when you can't get to the store. Don't forget to stay hydrated.
- Come out of the closet. It's also a good time to give your jewellery collection some TLC by cleaning it, which we recommend at least twice a year. Begin by reading our comprehensive guide to cleaning silver, gold, and gemstone jewellery.
It's also time to update your wardrobe (think more bright colours, plaid and a bobble hat with a nice pom pom. We also have all sort of jewellery styling tips to help you make your bling, well, bling - even in the coldest months.